Friday, August 29, 2008

Teacher's Day 2008

It has been a LOOONG day... I don't recollect ever being this tired after a workday... my muscles doesn't seem to be responding to my will very well.... :P

But yet I am so deeply touched today that I must put down in words what I feel today.

It's Teacher's Day on Monday and since this week, presents have been coming in. While I can't deny that I am thrilled to receive such lovely presents, but what is actually meaningful to me is the reminder about the Human Touch in teaching, that teaching is really not about getting them to play scales or pieces etc... It's about treating them with respect and touching their lives and making a difference, no matter how small.

No matter how "hopeless" that student seems to be, you really should still treat them with respect and be patient with them. That's a teacher's duty. Remember that everyone is unique.

When people say that, sometimes it is the teacher that learns from the student, i can now vouch that this is true, not necessarily them giving me insights about music (which they certainly do!) but now they teach me how to be a human being, how to treat people. Today they make me realise, Everyone Is My Teacher. This is now my new motto. I remember last time Ven Hue Can also said something along those lines. She thanked us, her devotees, cos she said that we are her teachers too, that she is learning from us as well. Truly words of wisdom.

Getting a card from Joyce, who has since moved on to NAFA, really touched my heart. Aww I'm still remembered.
And the Swatch watch from Christina,.. I shall wear it like a badge of honour, not only that, but also to serve as a reminder that Everyone Is My Teacher :)

Ok the "paralysis" is affecting my flow of thought as well...
To be continued...........

No comments: